Here are the things I’ve learned by working with small businesses and their advertisements:
• If you are a towing company, saying that “you don’t want my arms and legs you just want my tows” isn’t original.
• If you are a radiator repair company, saying that “you are a good place to take a leak” isn’t original.
• Everyone is the best.
• All companies want you to try the rest and then try the best.
• Satisfaction is ALWAYS guaranteed.
• Most are locally owned AND operated.
• firstname.lastname@example.org iS NOT A WEB ADDRESS! I’m always surprised at the number of Yellow Page ads that is where http://email@example.com is passed off as a URL.
I love people who act like they know what you’re talking about.
Like they agree you got a good deal, went with the right product or are making the right decision when they have no clue what you’re talking about.
Ignorance is bliss. Stupidity is a cakewalk.
I don’t carry something like this, but I do carry a messenger bag which a lot of people, some I even call my friends, call a man purse. Even though it isn’t and they are just secretly jealous and I believe just a little homo.
New target in Saint Louis
We went to this new Target today. I must say it’s quite a nice place. They have an excellent underground parking garage with escalators up to the shopping area (with cool shopping cart-only escalator on the way down). I think the prices seemed a little higher than the one we normally shop at (located in Bridgeton, though I found it to be lower than the one in Brentwood). For example, I bought a 128mb Sony thumb drive on clearance at the Target in Bridgeton for $14.97 and the same one, not on clearance at the Chippewa, for $29.99. I thought maybe since the store was new that this was the reason for the price difference. But, I think this is an outdated Sony model so it probably shouldn’t even be on the store shelves.
Nice store though. Right down the road from my friends house in Affton.
Full of yuppies though. I guess that is every Target.
The pumpkin patch in Chesterfield Valley was freezing today. Lots o’frost on my pumpkin.
It’s one of those fall mornings I love. About 45 degrees, yet sunny. Beautiful weather for coffee and morning news.
Which brings me to the Sunday paper. Why does the Sunday paper contain SO much news? It’s supposed to be a day of rest, and the newspaper is saying “Oh, ya, here’s a whole bunch of stuff I forgot to tell you during the week. Enjoy.”
I don’t mind though. It keeps me occupied for an hour or so.